Saturday, December 22, 2018

Sunday December 9th 2018

Today was a normal day. Just like any other Sunday. But we were tired. Busy day the day before, Ryan hasn’t been sleeping well, so we decided we just needed a day to just rest and have some family time. This morning Matthew had his karate belt test and tested to a yellow belt. So fun! Then Matthew and I had our usual Dunkin’ Donuts date afterwards. We got home and decided to have a family football  day. Jason and Matthew went out and got football snacks, and so we watched football, Jason and I had some beers, we played with the kids- and we just had fun together.

Fast forward a few hours it’s now about 7pm. Jason has Ryan and is getting ready to put him to sleep. Matthew is with them in Ryan’s bedroom.  I went into my bedroom and decided I needed to change into sweats. And that’s when this all started. Upon changing I got extremely itchy. Now I know that’s somewhat normal- it happens- but this was like on fire itchy. I couldn’t stop scratching. And when I looked down I noticed something just didn’t look or feel right. So immediately a girls first instinct is to feel around. So that’s what I did. And that’s when I found what would change the rest of our lives. 2 lumps.  One deep within in the center and the other just a large mass on the upper left side. Looked swollen. Something isn’t right. My heart started racing. Omg no. I didn’t just feel that. I took a deep breath and checked again. It was all still there. I didn’t know what to think but immediately knew something was wrong. So I finished changing, went out to the couch, went on like normal and waited until the kids were asleep to talk to Jason. Once they were asleep Jason comes to sit on the couch, and like any other night, it’s what do you want to watch? My heart is racing. How do I say this? What do I say? I turned to him and just said it.  I found something. I’m concerned about it. I need to go to my doctor in the morning. I then explained everything. But I didn’t panic. We just turned on something to watch and of course I started googling...What to do next when you find a lump? What does a lump mean? What can it be? After a bit I put my phone down, took a deep breath and knew what I needed to do next.

2 comments:

  1. I can’t even imagine what was running through your mind as you were trying to enjoy precious moments with your family before they went to sleep. I know it takes a lot to write about your experience but I totally believe this is therapeutic in its own way. I will be reading about your journey daily and sending positivity and prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele—Your Writing is honest and raw. You are in our hearts and have been since the day you were born. You will beat this!-Shirley

    ReplyDelete