Sunday, February 3, 2019

February 3, 2019- 19 days into treatment

I’ve been awake since 5:15 this morning, partly because I became so restless because I’ve been sleeping so much, as I fell asleep on the couch again last night around 7pm slept through anything going on with my kids and went into bed myself around 9, but partly because what’s left of my hair is EVERYWHERE and for the past 2 days it’s been all over everything. I’m rolling in it, literally eating it. As I try to stay asleep I brush my pillow off, lint roll it, lay back down. I still feel it. Pulling strands off my face, off of my pillow, my blanket. All day all over my clothes, couches, leaning against towels when I sit on the couch. These hairs are everywhere. All over. I put a towel down over top of my pillow this morning. Maybe that will help. Nope. It’s 7:20am now and I’ve made a decision- today is the day. Today is the day my hair goes for good. I can’t take clumps of hair in the shower. I can’t take strands everywhere. I’m just prolonging the inevitable so let’s just get this done with. And there’s really not much left to my head off hair now anyways. Matthew is ok with it as we’ve been preparing him for awhile but he does not want to be involved. So today my kids will be out for the day and Jason will help me. I have to do it. It’s not going to take me over. I’m in control of this part. And I’m ok with it. I know hair means nothing. But just another hurdle to jump over with this nasty sickness. So today is goodbye hair day.  I have head scarves ready and at least it’s winter and I can still wear winter hats.....💗💪🏻🙏

And if any of you think you are having a bad hair day today.... (Just kidding... sort of...have to make light somehow).

No comments:

Post a Comment