Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday February 9, 2019

Hi! So a lot of you have been asking about my treatments so I figured I’d post about it. I don’t mind talking about it at all. So if you want to know- here it is. So I’m currently receiving 2 chemo meds, which are given by an infusion, adryamicin and cytoxol, known as the a/c treatment and this happens every 2 weeks. So far I’ve had 2 infusions of this and I go for my 3rd this coming Wednesday. Takes about 2 hrs to do and then I go home. My oncologist has an infusion room right in the same building so I don’t have to go to the hospital. Then the Neulasta, which helps with my white blood cells, is placed on in a container that has adhesive and is placed on my stomach right after my infusion. This is what self injects at home about 27 hours after my infusion. Takes about an hour and then that’s it. It’s just all the meds in me and the side effects that take about a week to recover from. So Wednesday I get an infusion, Thursday evening Neulasta goes off. Then Friday is absolutely horrific and then I slowly come back little by little. By Tuesday I’m better and by Wednesday I’m back to myself. So it takes about a week to fully recover. In between treatments, on that Wednesday that I’m back to myself, I go for bloodwork and a checkup with my oncologist. So after my 4th treatment of this a/c I go back for scans to see if hopefully everything is going according to plan and the tumors are shrinking. Then I also meet with my surgeon. No matter what, even if my tumors are shrinking and everything is going according to plan, I still have to complete more chemo, but with a different infusion which will be once a week for 12 more weeks. After all my infusions are done, that’s when my surgery will happen. So that’s that. And I really don’t mind talking about anything so if at anytime you have any questions about what I found or my treatments definitely feel free to ask.  And thanks again so much for all of your support! It really helps so much. 😊💗💪🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment