Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday March 28th

Today started out to be a hard day. Ryan is still under the weather and I’m pretty much quarantined from him now. He has had a slight fever every 12 hours or so for the past 2 days, which isn’t too bad but I definitely have to be careful now. So when he’s home and sees me and screams mama and I can’t pick him up and help him- that’s a tough one. When he’s home I have to try to stay out of sight so he doesn’t get all worked up from me not being able to go near him or hold him. Thank goodness Jason and Matthew are so good.

Thursdays are the days I love to spend with Ryan because I feel good enough to, thanks to my wonderful steroids I get before and during my infusion on Wednesdays. But yesterday I couldn’t see him, last night I couldn’t handle him and today I couldn’t be near him. And I couldn’t even let him see me. So I stayed in the bedroom and then in the playroom until he was picked up for the day by my in-laws. I know it’s for the best. And I know he’s fine. It’s just hard that I can’t take care of my baby and harder when he comes home and I can’t be in his sight.

Tomorrow he will spend the day with my mom so I can rest. Saturday he will spend the day again with my in-laws. Sunday hopefully he’ll be ok and I’ll be able to handle him again but if not, Jason will be here and then my parents are coming back. I’m so thankful to have the help that I have. I couldn’t do this all without them. And thankful to have the friends that I have to help get me out of the house when I need it the most. It’s hard not being able to see your baby for days.

Positives for the day- without a baby here on a feel good day I made phone calls and more appointments I’ve been meaning to make, caught up on my morning tv shows, went to lunch and a walk in the park with a friend, got an iced coffee, drove with my sunroof open, went to Target and got stuff I needed, and received an awesome care package from my wonderful 3rd grade teaching teammates.
Now I’ll rest and enjoy what I can for the remainder of the evening, before I go into my cave for the next 3 days. If I can’t take care of Ryan tonight or be in his sight, at least I’ll get to sit with my feet up for a few hours..... and maybe I’ll actually get a few snuggles from Matthew...💪🏻💗🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment