Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday May 24, 2019

Day after 11th chemo day. Man, I’m tired but I’m ok like most days the day after chemo. It won’t hit me until maybe late late tonight, definitely tomorrow morning. It’s so beautiful out and I haven’t had a normal Friday since December, maybe even November before all this stuff started, so I decided to get up and out early with Ryan. He slept a little later than usual so I knew I had some time this morning before his nap. 8:30am and we were in the car. Got an iced coffee, went to the rec center and let him run around for 20 min, had a snack, and then I drove to the Jackson Outlets and Ryan fell asleep along the way. Perfect! And I’m parked, air running, sipping my iced coffee and Ryan is still fast asleep. I’ve been craving weather like this. It just soothes my soul and to be able to be out and enjoying it is just so amazing. It reminds me of summer days I had off when Matthew was a baby. We’d do the exact same thing. He was an early riser, so we were always up and out early. I packed up the car for the day, lunches, snacks, water, whatever else we needed to stay out, and went wherever the day took us. I’m totally fine with all naps in the car. Today Ryan and I, we’ll only be out for a little bit but I’m so so grateful for how this day is turning out so far. Later we are taking Matthew out for mommy daddy Matthew dinner. Wonderful start to this weekend. Especially since I know I’ll be sleeping all day tomorrow. Soaking up every moment I can today. Just wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment