Thursday, May 23, 2019

Wednesday May 22, 2019

This week so far has been a bit different and will continue to be different for the next few days. I usually have my chemo treatments on Wednesdays but this week I’m scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday. Business is booming in the infusion room unfortunately, so I got moved to Thursday. No big deal. I was so achy for so much longer this week that it was a nice break to have an extra consecutive day that I was feeling somewhat ok. I’ve been keeping myself super busy this week. Sunday I started to feel decent again so I spent the day with my parents and my sister at her house, Monday I was busy with Ryan and appointments, Tuesday I visited the school where I’m currently on leave from and then in the evening I joined some friends and went to a sip and paint event, and today was so beautiful out so I spent a few hours with Ryan at a park with some great friends and their kids. Each night this week I was exhausted. During each day I was exhausted. Not exhausted like I need to sleep exhausted, but just my whole body felt so tired. I become majorly fatigued easily and I feel that way most of the time. But this week I pushed through it. Not so much where I could fall off my feet, but I wanted to see how much I could do in the state I was in each day. And each day was different, but I managed. I wanted to do normal things this week and I did, but wow I forgot how exhausting normalcy with kids are on a daily basis without having cancer or chemo treatments, so running around each day in the states that I’ve been in definitely took everything I had. My treatments are dose dense so the chemo is building and building in me so this tail end is the worst. Needless to say I hurt all over every night, but I feel like I accomplished something great. I pushed myself and I did everything I wanted to do and more. The price to pay for it- total exhaustion, shakiness at times, aches and pains all over, headaches, but it was all so worth it. I had so much fun this week.  Now tomorrow, Thursday, is back to my reality. Taxol #11. So this week Friday I’ll feel ok, Saturday I’ll sleep all day, and maybe by Sunday I’ll start feeling ok by the afternoon. Then I get Monday and Tuesday, and then Wednesday I go in for my last treatment!!! I’m almost done!!! 💪🏻💗🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment