Thursday, May 16, 2019

May 16, 2019

It’s Thursday night at 8:50 pm. The day after my 10th taxol treatment. The haze is starting to set in so I’m bracing myself for another rough few days. But instead of being angry or upset or anxious about what’s to come in the next few days, I start off with gratitude.

I’m grateful for the amazing support system I have, family, friends, coworkers of mine and Jason’s, warm and sunny days like today, grateful that I feel well enough the day after treatments to hang with Ryan and any other visitors before my fog sets in. Today I’m grateful for being able to spend a few hours with my sister, my niece, and my Ryan. I’m grateful for the way Matthew comes home from school and greets Ryan. I’m grateful that I get to snuggle my kids before bed. I’m grateful for my rockstar husband who goes above and beyond for our family. I’m grateful for my new glasses so I can see the tv when my haze sets in, I’m grateful tonight for my comfy couch, comfy clothes, medicine, and my bed. And I’m grateful that I’ll hopefully get to sleep off all this yuck tomorrow in a quiet house. I’m grateful for and looking forward to later Sunday and Monday when I’m back to myself for a bit before starting all over again. Grateful that next week is #11. 💪🏻💗🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment